- The Primitive Way is considered the origin of the pilgrimage to Santiago. It is the oldest route on the Camino.
- This route, which starts in Oviedo, joins the French Way in Melide.
- This crossing was the preferred route for kings and knights during the Middle Ages, although during the Reconquista this route remained in the background.
- At present, this route is becoming more important.
- You must devote at least two weeks to this route, since more than 300 km separate the cities of Oviedo and Santiago de Compostela.
- The last 100 km, necessary to obtain the Compostela, start in Lugo.
- This route is perfect for those who wish peace, solitude and silence.
- Mysticism, shamanism (incluided)
- Natural Areas Visits (additional cost)
- Cultural visits (additional cost)
Arrival in Oviedo
- Bequeathed to Oviedo, starting point of the Camino.
Oviedo - Grado (26 km)
- We recommend, before embarking on the journey, visit and know Oviedo, its cathedral, its squares, its old town, as well as enjoy the famous Asturian cider.
- The stage finishes when arriving at Grado, a picturesque village with a strong influence of the Indian architecture.
Degree - Rooms (23 km)
- We will walk through very green areas.
- In this stage we recommend the Palacio de la Doriga (well of cultural interest) and the Narcea river natural park.
- The stage ends when you arrive at Salas.
Salas - Tineo (20 km)
- Stage through groves, with oaks and chestnuts.
- The stage finishes when arriving at Tineo, rural and cattle village.
Tineo - Pola Allande (28 km)
- Stage in which we can enjoy the views of the Cantabrian Sea in the distance, weather permitting.
- The stage ends in Pola Allande, with typical Indian architecture.
Pola Allande - A Mesa (23 km)
- Stage that has some of the best landscapes of the Primitive Way.
- In this stage there is a strong rise towards Puerto del Pau.
- The stage concludes in A Mesa.
A Table - Grandas de Salime (17 km)
- Quiet and rural stage, through forest tracks and paved roads.
Grandas de Salime - A Fonsagrada (28 km)
- After several stages in Asturias, we arrived in Galicia at this stage.
- The rise of Alto del Acebo is very demanding.
- The stage ends with the arrival at A Fonsagrada.
A Fonsagrada - O Cadavo Baleira (25 km)
- In this stage we can see the ruins of an old hospital for pilgrims, when leaving A Fonsagrada.
- The end of this stage, its last km, are downhill, until arriving at O Cadavo Baleira.
O Cadave Baleira - Lugo (31 km)
- Long stage that culminates with the arrival to the city of Lugo. We recommend spending an extra time there to enjoy and discover its Roman wall, its cathedral and its historic center.
Lugo - San Romao da Retorta (24 km)
- In Lugo the last 100 km of the Primitive Way begin, so it is possible that from this stage you will find more pilgrims who do not have time to complete the journey.
- The stage ends in San Romao da Retorta.
San Romao da Retorta - Melide (26 km)
- In Melide the Way becomes more crowded, because the Primitive Way joins the French Way, from this stage. Therefore, this is the last stage in solitude and silence.
Melide - Arzúa (13 km)
- Shortest stage of the Camino.
- We recommend visiting the medieval bridge of Ribadiso.
- The stage ends in Arzúa, a town known for its cheeses.
Arzúa - Pedrouzo (20 km)
- We leave Arzúa behind to reach the small village of Pedrouzo. This village has a small number of accommodation for pilgrims.
- But do not worry, you will not have any problem if you decide to contact us, since we have other nearby places like Rúa, Amenal or Lavacolla for you.
Pedrouzo - Santiago de Compostela (20 km)
- In this last stage we can visit the views of Santiago de Compostela from Monte do Gozo.
- At the end of the stage we reach Santiago. Do not forget to stop by the Pilgrim's Office to pick up your Compostela, which certifies that you did the Camino.
- Also, do not forget to visit the historic center of Santiago, its cathedral and its squares.
Check out Santiago
- Check out Santiago. You have reached the end of the crossing.
- 15 nights accommodation in a private room with bathroom
- Half Board: Breakfast and dinner
- Transfer of luggage
- Telephone assistance 24 hours
- Credential of the Pilgrim
- Route notes
- Does not include services not expressly mentioned in the previous section.
- Price per person in double / triple room: € 1325
- Price per person in single room: € 1675
Hostal 3 star Alojamiento privado
- Accommodation in hotels and pensions.
- Each night of accommodation will be at the corresponding stop on the road.
EUR 1.325USD 1.463.96
7d / 6n Camino de Santiago: French Way - Last 100 Kms - Galicia
Activities: Natural Areas Visits, Cultural visits